The first day of September 1941, imposed a decree of the German Reich to the Jews wherever they live to wear a yellow star when they appeared in public. Were excluded babies less than 6 years.
was a further step towards the extermination of the Jews of Europe
Today, 20 May 2006, has spread the news of an Iranian law that would reimpose the short sign, again yellow, on the clothes of the Jews (blue for Christians). That the news is confirmed or denied the climate is likely to impose on us the greatest concern .
On behalf of the Federation of Associations Israel Italy and on behalf of Yad Vashem Society in Italy, which I am privileged to chair, I invite all people of good will to express their outrage at what might happen in Iran and in support of human rights in that country.
Before this law, or the like may be adopted, call for mobilization of all human rights defenders, this time no one can say "I did not know."
The appointment is for tomorrow, Sunday, May 21, at 18, in front of the synagogue in Via Guastalla in Milan.
Andrea Jarach, president of the Federation of Associations of Italy and Israel Yad Vashem
Society in Italy (I wear a yellow star in memory of persecution and a warning to those who believed more in the future)
0 comments:
Post a Comment